welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 9 March 2012

Heartside Musing...

We are getting a blast of winter.It's like the season is making up for it's apathy of the last months.
Wasn't it just yesterday I put tulips on the porch and saw the daffodils poke through the dirt?
It took some convincing to get me out to the mailbox in this storm,but I did.
My daughter just left with the van for a youth event,I wish she would of stayed home.But I so remember that need to go and be with your friends. Praying for God's hands on the wheel while she's driving. Hubby and son are also away so my evening is quiet.I am okay with that. I like to reflect and this is a good night for that.
Sometimes I wonder what traits about their growing up years will resonate the most with my children.
I hope and pray they will forgive my shortcomings and always know they were loved as much as it is humanly possible. May empathy for one another be something they will learn and carry into the future.
May our home always have felt like that shelter from the storm, that soft place to land,that refuge in a crazy world.
This poem states it well.
                                     Prayer For This House
   May nothing evil cross this door,
    And may ill fortune never pry
  About these windows may the roar
          And rain go by.

Strengthened by faith, these rafters will
Withstand the battering of the storm;
This hearth though all the world grow chill,
     Will keep us warm.

Peace shall walk softly through these rooms,
Touching our lips with holy wine,
Till every casual corner blooms
        Into a shrine.

Laughter shall drown the raucous shout;
And, though these sheltering walls are thin,
May they be strong to keep hate out
      And hold love in. 

Louis Untermeyer





No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...