welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 11 May 2012

Dear Mom; I Understand Now....

                            
          I want to dedicate this post to my dear Mother :

                    A Garden Plot

A garden plot's a healing spot;
Just how I do not know,
But as I watched my mother work
Her eyes just told me so.
When she was troubled I could tell;
She'd take her spade and go
To her own private piece of earth
And dig it row by row;
And then she'd kneel and take the soil
To sift it here and there,
Talking softly as she worked-
Perhaps it was a prayer.
A garden plot's a healing spot;
I know the feel of sod
Was my dear mother's way to say,
"I've touched a bit of God."

           (June Masters Bacher)

3 comments:

  1. Lucy, you look very comfortable ~ what a beautiful garden plot :) A garden is such a soothing place, isn't it? Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan,yes, I can get quite comfortable on a bed of dirt!
      Happy Mother's Day to you too.

      Delete
  2. You really need to frame this picture. When I look at it, I see PEACE.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...