welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 22 February 2013

Of Couches and Clutches and Such...

I have a problem; well several actually, but the one I'm going to tell you about today is my tendency to be a bit too sentimental for my own good.
I'm reminded of the time several years ago when I spent my hard earned savings on a new couch. 
I loved the new couch!It was classic and elegant!
I hated the old couch; the seat cushions slid off constantly and it no longer matched my room.
But wouldn't you know it.... I ACTUALLY pined when we parted with it.....then it dawned on me that the memories that were attached to it is what I was pining for! 
The precious, elusive, intangible memories.

                                                  bedtime stories...always a good time!

                                       home from the hospital and checking out the new addition...



                                          contemplating brother and sisterhood...


                                            Easter Sunday 2004...




Of course the new couch has  melded its own memories and I have forgotten my feelings for the old one, and  a couch is just a couch, right?
                        breaking in the new couch, right!

Somehow these were my thoughts as I watched hubby put in a new floor over the old linoleum we had previously.Funny but it feels better to put the new floor over the old,  then I'm not getting rid of it completely, right?


                         a thoughtful process...




   eating supper in the family room...(missing in action...two oldest girls and me taking      photo!)

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling 
   of holding on and letting go.Havelock Ellis







Can you relate to this at all? or are you more of an 

'out with the old and in with the new type of person?'




2 comments:

  1. I can so relate! I think that's part of why I postpone and stress out about new furniture/stuff purchases. I just know what a part of me it will become. Then I have such a hard time getting rid of things. Love the pics of your family~sentimental times.

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...