welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 26 July 2013

Simple Summer Serenades

Can you believe that we are almost at that half way mark of summer?  
Hopefully that list of things you want to do in the summer
                     is also half done....:)

                                  I thought I'd share a few pics of what I'll call
                                                  Simply Summer...


                                                         country roads,


                                                     daydreaming...






              gardens...it's nice to have them established and enjoyable


    Daisies, don't they evoke serenity? I love them. This flower bed around my birch tree has only white flowers in it. I am partial to white flowers.




            picnics...in the company of sheep and horses


                                    colourful laundry always looks happy



remember my blue chair? that's okay, recently it was reunited with the table.
people decided to also get rid of the table...I'm glad my son cuts the grass close to this house:)

                                                 I see a lot of potential in this table...

                                                and in this...

I laughed sooo hard when I saw this. They are trying to make a hammock:)
   I'm sorry, but I can't help but see a metaphor here.....effort counts too right?





Well, the door is ajar as if it is inviting me in, the breeze is moving the curtain
as it seems to signify the haste of the season. 
I am off to see what notes the second half of summer's composition has to offer.

                                                               
                                                      please listen to the song....




8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you came by tonight...Please come again.
    I love coming home too.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! I love to meet new blog friends.

    Love that picture of your girls in the hammock! I have to admit I am a little jealous of your flowers. I had a pretty good garden going, and then I went on vacation. Oh the humanity!! It must have been beastly hot, I lost a lot of my plants.

    Well, at least I had a good time while I was gone. And as you said...off to the next half of the summer!

    Have a blessed weekend :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy,

    Oh, those rural country roads of Ontario, how I miss them so! Your beautiful photos made my heart ache for home. But, in the same instant, they brought relief, as I strolled around your pretty garden, finally sitting under your birch, surrounded by shade and your sweet daisies, the loveliest of company!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Lucy. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend with your sweet family. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your glimpses of summer Lucy...so beautiful!
    And the hammock photo....love that! How cute!
    Ive always adored hammocks..but have never owned one ;)
    Blessings sweet friend...Im so enjoying our visit down south with my daughter and my sons ;)
    The rain is falling now and is refreshing and cleansing.
    Warm hugs and summer smiles xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy~
    You are my giveaway winner (details on my blog :)! So nice meeting you and getting this peek into your summer!
    Blessings, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, ever chapter of summer is a gift! and memories are it souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...