welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Bits Of Gladness


Where have I been?
Let's just say I'm savouring the moments that make summer my favourite season.....


aren't glads delightful? 
                 
                        a bouquet by the sink....



               and a bouquet of lily & hydrangea here...

on a recent trip to Michigan ( with our youngest three )
                                                     we visited the Olive Garden...



I had to exercise restraint in my photo taking here and simply enjoy...
     it was very tasty.... and oh the decor!!! I loved it.

we also visited TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby....(we have similar stores in Canada,but I'd heard about these..)
 but why oh why was it closing in ten minutes......it's crazy, but when the store is almost closing...I really want to shop...





                              so this magazine was all we bought..













               back home...

                     a bit of a pickle here...

                  I leave you with another garden photo...



 Like life gardens are a lot of toil. But when we see what grows from our labour we rejoice. When something doesn't we hope for something else next year. Gardeners have to be optimistic  and resilient.
I find I am at peace in the garden, and I realize it is not because I am in charge of what is here...but because I can trust the ultimate Gardener who is.
     

        


3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy....How nice you were able to take a lovely trip with some members of your family. Isn't traveling wonderful?

    Loved your photos

    I always enjoy Olive Garden....decor and food!

    Take care and enjoy every second that's left of summer. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Thanks for sharing. Blessings from Alaska, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bouquets bring bits of happiness into our home, don't they Lucy?!
    Love yours!
    I've never been over the border but I know it would be so fun! Hubby was talking about that this smmer.
    Hobby Lobby looks like fun..I could get caught up in there Im sure! Lol
    Oh those pickles look good!
    Simply beautiful!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...