welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Monday 25 November 2013

A Mother's Prayer

When I was sorting through my scraps last week, I came across this prayer I had saved.
It is so beautiful, so here on the cusp of a brand new week I want to share it with you.

Lord, help me to give my children the best-not of things, but of myself, cherishing them on good days and bad, theirs and mine. Teach me to accept them for who they are, not just for what they do; to listen to what they say, if only so they'll listen to me;to encourage their goals, not mine. 
Let me give them a home where respect and  integrity are the cornerstones and there's enough happiness to raise the roof.
May I give them courage to be true to themselves; the independence to take care of them selves, and the faith to believe in You.
May I discipline them without demeaning them, demand good manners without forgetting my own, and let them know they have limitless love no matter what they do.
Let me feed them properly, clothe them adequately, and have enough to give them small allowances- not for the work they do but for the pleasure they bring. Let me moderate in all these things, so that the joy of getting will help them discover the joy of giving.
See that their responsibilities are real and not burdensome, that my expectations are high but not overwhelming, and that my praise is thoughtful and given when it is due.
Help me to teach them that excellence is work's real reward.
And when it comes - let me revel in each honour, how ever small, without once pretending that it's mine- my children are glories enough.
Above all, let me ground them so well in Your truth that I can let them go.
In Jesus name, Amen!







3 comments:

  1. A beautiful prayer, truly inspirational and one to live by. Thank you for sharing this rediscovered message.

    Wishing you a lovely week.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Lucy.
    It will be my prayer for this day and for always.
    Thank you....blessings my friend xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...