welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Thursday 27 February 2014

An Unforgettable, not so Ordinary Day

He stilled the storms to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm, and He guided them to their desired haven.  Psalms 107 :29&30

                                                         
road
                                                                            image source

Who knew that calm and serene start to a day
could ever possibly turn out this way?

The phone rings shortly after my kids depart
Mom says my youngest,"my tummy  hurts."

"Okay, I answer "I will come for you"..
quickly brushing my teeth and hair too.

I head for the door, then something makes me turn back
My phone here on the beds' what I lack.

It's a four minute drive from my house to our school.
A drive made several times a day as a rule....

As my daughter and I pull out of the school drive
The winds start blustering, and I can't believe my eyes.

The sun disappeared and the whole world turned white
I knew I could not give in to fright.

So hearing my husband's voice in my head
about not stopping in snow I kept moving like lead.

When suddenly as I crested the hill
A car in the road had stopped  dead still.

I stopped and waited, not sure what to do
and the truck behind me did too.

Suddenly bang I was pushed from behind
My daughter beside me started to cry.

I reached out to touch her said "call Jesus name
He stilled the waters, He'll do the same.

Just trust Him my child, He is right here with you"
As I pulled to the side not sure what to do

We are okay e'n though we can't see a thing
I wonder why now.. but I said " lets  sing?"

Eventually I realised I must escape
My van was now becoming opaque.

So seeing a truck up a head a wee way
I asked if my daughter and I could stay

Up high in his cab safe here and warm,
While we waited for cops and an end to the storm.

The truck driver seemed an uncanny angel of sorts

As we chatted and bantered, time became short

Until  the police was ready to help us get home,
We were ever so thankful to be out of the storm.

As I ponder and reflect on the events of the day
And what I thought would transpire a certain way.

I realise again how wrong I can be
How beautiful the ordinary things that I see.

Though winds batter and bluster and all feels unsure

God's faithfulness and love will always endure.








In the midst of this harrowing storm...my brother was bringing my Dad home from the hospital after recovering for a week from a bypass surgery. So there is much to praise the Lord for tonight!





7 comments:

  1. So glad you are all safe...sounds so scary but I understand the surrealness of it... when their is a calm because He envelopes you with safety. It is a moment to remember and give thanks for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Lucy! I am so thankful that you did reach your "desired haven" at last! Praising the Lord with you for His protection.

    (And thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog this morning. Hugs...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO much to be thankful for... a lot of fender benders yesterday but only a few really serious injuries. May God's peace be with you as He piles more on your platter! hope you can fix the van!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy,
    I'm so glad that you are all safe, and that your father is recovering from surgery. You have been through much lately, and yet kept your faith along the way. So glad to have met such a dear one.

    I wanted to tell you that on my post today, that was me in the purple and the other picture was my friend. I should have noted that cause I think some thought they were both my friend.

    Have a peaceful weekend.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lucy,

    My goodness! I saw the 48 car pile up near Barrie on the international news here yesterday, and another further east, consisting of 26 cars. So glad you are safe! How amazing that you were able to be so calm, my friend. Thank The Lord, also for the good news about your dear dad.

    I know it's been bone chilling cold there the past few days, (-30 with the windchill, I heard). Stay warm and safe.

    Happy weekend!

    xo
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad everyone is okay Lucy!
    Your trust pleases Him....another glimpse at His faithfulness in the storm.
    Hugs to you sweet friend xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some days are like that--
    maybe better that we have
    no idea what's ahead! Happy
    that all was well in the end
    for you and your daughter (and
    your father in law, too)!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...