welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Saturday 23 May 2015

Saturday Stroll

This morning afforded me a rather rare commodity these days....
with three of my girls still snoozing in their beds and hubby and son off to work on a job elsewhere, I found myself strolling through the sun drenched morning with my camera in hand...

the whole world has burst into a song of green and I for one am a rapt audience....


      down the patio stairs through the shrub arbour...(sometimes forgetting to prune can be a good thing:)

there is love, there is duty...

                                                       then there is lilacs.....
                                                       still.
                                        the sheep and horses have returned to pasture....

                                                         potential in a pile of gravel...
                                   
                                            my hubby makes these beautiful cement birdbaths...
                                             my vegetable garden is slowly coming to life...


I continue my stroll...past silent swings

                                          floral fusions...
                                       
         to the front ;where the morning sun lends itself to tranquility in the shadowed yard

 I see the tree. Last week I came home one day to see the crew of hydro workers cutting off some of the trees that were growing too close to the wires. I know they were simply doing their job, but it made me sad...I remember thinking to myself.....trees are like children. We think they are ours, but they're not really. :)

I have planted some of my planters. Took this baby in the last few nights as there has been a risk of frost...
                                    a favorite spot to sit in the afternoon...


                                        Back inside I pour myself another cup of coffee.....

                                           
                        I notice my latest thrift store finds ...a tin bread box, and a new toaster...
(I joked with my husband that I was blessed for buying him his long coveted white bread for finally finding my tin bread box I've wanted...:))

                 I gaze out the window to a world which is constantly changing, a world that at times leaves me feeling small.....


but I am grateful to the One who loves and is over all.

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me along on your walk this morning, Lucy. A quiet Saturday morning is a lovely gift, isn't it? So many pretty places there in your yard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, thank you for taking me on your Saturday stroll. I have been busy lately with festivities, and all I want to do is hide myself in nature right now. These are wonderful pictures, and I especially liked the first one, so beautiful. I was looking at your vegetable garden and smiled. You have such a vast area. My back yard is very small, but I still love going out there for a barbecue and looking at my roses in all different colors. Lucy, I have been looking for the same silver bread box. So glad you found this. I enjoy seeing your neck of the woods and taking it all in, I really do. And I can smell the lilacs from here. :~)

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to join you on your stroll. It looks peaceful where you are. isn't it great to see growth and green?!
    Hugs and smiles to you dear friend

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...thanks for letting me take the walk with you : )

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...