welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Friday 19 February 2016

Belated Love and Life

Sometimes a bouquet of tulips inspires..
Lovely in their frail vulnerability and last days...
                                                    

Purchased at the grocery store before love's official day, they seemed to want to come home with me and rest in my newest purchase from the thrift store..
                                                     



I love observing the various stages in a flower bouquet...
                                               


A poignant message of grace and beauty..

February hasn't offered too much change on the home front. My firstborn; the country girl is happily married and establishing her own farm life..filled with horses, goats and one dog. 
Second daughter is happily navigating city life...wondering which road less traveled she should choose...
Son and youngest two girls keep the nest feathered here at home and give me lots of reason to keep the cookie box replenished along with all of those we entertain in life's spontaneous moments. ( which can be many)
                                                       

I made this favourite recipe last week. As I was sharing the cookies with my Mom and sisters I reminisced a little and realized I have been making them for about 23 years! Wow! I know this because I remember taking them to prenatal classes for snack, and that would have been 23 years ago! Yes time moves along..
                                                    


Yes, I'll be nice and share the recipe..
                                      





A while ago I found this quote on love.. 
                                         


I like that. And sometimes love feels like this tree... 

                                                        

I photographed it on my ski trail about a month ago. I loved the way it was reaching out, extending its self beyond the norm..Necessary at times for all of us. 
Thank you bending tree.
                                                  


The days are certainly getting longer. This sun set was around 5:20 a month ago. Now it sets at about 6:20 and is behind those trees... Always moving in the direction of change..

                 



3 comments:

  1. Lucy, I really loved everything about this post. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, and red tulips, even better. Valentine heart cookies to share with family, so special. Sunsets and trees, they fascinate me...........and love. One of our greatest gifts of all. Thank you for reminding of that, dear Lucy. Your pictures are so pretty.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy weather and crazy Politics. Yesterday 51 degrees, today 20. Funny how we buy more flowers in the winter. It's thinking of Spring. Stay warm with all that snow. yvonne nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Lucy!
    Tulips...how lovely! I love your thrift store find.
    I also love the stages of flowers too...I love them just as much when they have dried...theres this lingering beauty with them....like memories.
    So nice to hear your sweeties are thriving and that you still have some in the nest! What a blessing.
    Those cookies look so good and I see hearts...my favourite!
    I made some sugar cookies for Valentines day and they were quite yummy. My family were pleasantly surprised by their little packages. :)
    That quote is beautiful and so is that revelation of the tree...love bends doesn't it? What a loving reminder as you ski.
    Even though Im not the biggest fan of the cold months, winter is so beautiful, and Im grateful this one has been kind to us this year.
    Blessings to you dear friend...hugs from the north xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...