welcome to my blog. Sharing God's goodness with you in a wide and wonderful world.. so glad you are here.

Thursday 3 March 2016

Painting Time

 Sharing with..http://www.whitespraypaintblog.com/                                      



When I began my love affair of painting furniture, I had no idea what I was getting into. Little did I know that I would no longer see a plain chair, or a simple table the same way. 
Little did I know that thrift store hunting and garage saleing (I say it's a word.) would ever be quite as redundant. Suddenly everything seemed to brim with the potential of change..
                        



This wooden clock was given to me by my dear hubby while we were dating. It was an extravagant gift and I appreciated the sentiment it presented. 

The clock has been silenced for some years now due to it's some what persistent ticking and chiming keeping children awake..
None the less it made a fine statement not to mention conversation piece because of it's silence, in our family room. 

Somehow I couldn't keep myself from seeing this clock in a new light, or shade at least...It took me a long time to gather up the courage to actually paint it,  (way another story!)
                                                                   

Time was beginning to run out on me, so about a month ago I resolutely took it down and began the face lift...
                                             


There was no 'turning back' once I had started. I really am quite pleased with the transformation, and happy too that I could use paint I already had and not need to buy any.
                                          


                         a  closer look of the lines that were perfect for a hint of gold
                                      


                          

After the clock returned to it's place on the wall, and all verdicts were in on Mom's latest painting adventure, needless to say time didn't stand still  but continued to march along.
                          

it's home and the desk objects beside it.



Thank you for taking the time to visit.
~Lucy~

10 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! What an elaborate clock "case". The painting effect really highlights the carving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like it!! as far as 'painting time' goes I chuckled:) Isn't it always painting time at your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Ha:) Yes you know me..but this time I really was painting 'time'

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your clock is gorgeous! I love that your husband gave it to you. That makes it extra special. You did an amazing job on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the transformation. Thank you ever so much for linking up at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence adds such a ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, that is an absolutely gorgeous clock! It's even prettier with the paint on it. The beautiful details show up so much better now. I love it!

    Thank you for joining us for Thoughts of Home on Thursday. This is a great post...Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy you did a beautiful job on this! Wow!
    You brought new life to it...marvelous what paint can do!
    Bless you friend xo

    All my heart,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, this clock is so beautiful, and what a special gift from your husband when you were dating. I think it looked gorgeous before, and it looks so pretty after your painted it. You did a great job. I like the story behind the clock as well. :) Oh, and that little desk, so darling. I have one similar to it, and have been wanting to paint it too.

    Have a blessed weekend, Lucy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

thank you and blessings for words from your heart...